Monday, January 30, 2012

Terrariums and more

A sample of jars I used. I took the plastic and the metal off.

This is a plant I purchased for $2.50. As you can see there are 3 plant in this 1 pot. So to stretch my dollar, I cut it into 3 plants.

All done. Next time I want too try a wider and taller container.



This is my favorite.


I used a little hot glued to help hold these air plants in place.




Terrariums can be fun and easy to make. The first step is selecting a container. The container can be almost anything at all. You can choose something dish like to create an open air container or something bottle like to create a closed environment terrarium. If you are like me, garage sales are a great way to find containers for this project. A Layer of course sand or pebbles is placed in the bottom of the container. This allows for good drainage of the water in the terrarium.
Add Soil - Regular potting soil works fine.
Add the plants and or seeds. Care should be taken in this step. Some of the plants I used were from my garden and others I had purchased.
Finishing touches - Add ornaments or other decorations.

No comments:

Post a Comment