Sunday, January 22, 2012

Warrior Dash

Ever heard of Warrior dash? If not, check it out at warriordash.com.
It is an insane 5k with 12 obstacles like jumping over fire, scaling walls, crawling in the mud under barbed wire, climbing cargo nets, and more. Sounds like fun, right? Well, I did it this weekend with 2 of my friends and about nine thousand other people.
Before you think I am this amazing super fit girl to take on such a crazy thing, I am not. In fact by mile two, I was ready to puke wondering what did I get myself into, and when will it end. BUT, I was with amazing friends who kept motivating me to keep running. If it weren't for them I would have taken a lot longer to finish the race. Having said that, I LOVED IT! I definitely want to do it again!
After the race, despite my feeling of nausea, I felt amazing! I was so proud of myself and my friends for what we just accomplished. Everyone thought we were crazy, and maybe we were. But it was crazy fun!








Before the race (that's me on the right)





After the race




one of the 12 obstacles


Afterwards you had the opportunity to donate your shoes to charity






In the words of Nike...Just Do It!






1 comment:

  1. wow that looks hard.Congrats! Too bad the shoes they are donating are really muddy. lol.

    ReplyDelete