Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Random Act of Kindness






I think most of us in this world are kind people, but I think it is really easy to put our blinders on and go about our daily routine without a second thought about the strangers around us. Or at least that is me, most of the time.

I was grocery shopping the other day when I was trying to squeeze by this family to get something when a young girl about 12, looked up at me and said "you are so beautiful". It took me by such surprise I told her "thank you" and grabbed the item I was looking. Only a few seconds had passed when I turned around to tell the girl how sweet she was and that she was beautiful too, but she was gone. Her comment made my day, but it sadden me that I couldn't return the compliment to her.

So now I want to take my blinders off and be aware of others around me and make a stranger smile. I know this isn't a new concept, I have done it many times, but I get caught up in my own little world that I forget that I can make a difference, just as the sweet little girl made a difference to me.










No comments:

Post a Comment