Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Chicken Souvlaki



Many years ago I worked at a Greek restaurant, and everything was love at first bite! My love for Greek food started. One of my favorites is Chicken Souvlaki. I like to serve my Souvlaki with homemade Tzatziki sauce and pita bread. I don't remember the recipe from the restaurant, but I promise my recipe is just as yummy!

Souvlaki
1/2 cup olive oil
1/3 cup lemon juice
1 Tbsp soy sauce
2 tsp oregano
1 tsp salt
3 cloves garlic-chopped
3 chicken breasts cut into chunks

Pour all ingredients into Ziploc back and marinate for at least a few hours. After chicken has marinated, put chicken on a skewer and grill until done.

Tzatziki Sauce
8oz plain Greek yogurt
2 Tbsp olive oil
1 Tbsp lemon juice
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp black pepper
1 Tbsp dill
3 clove chopped garlic
1 cucumber shredded and moisture squeezed out. If you don't squeeze the water out of the shredded cucumber the sauce will be runny.

Combine all the ingredients, mix and serve.

No comments:

Post a Comment