Sunday, April 24, 2011

Pre Wedding Cook Out





I had the privilege of making all the food for my brother’s rehearsal dinner. Actually it really wasn’t a rehearsal dinner, it was a meet and greet, pool side cook out. We had over 30 family and friends come to mingle and enjoy some good southern food. My husband was in charge of grilling the burgers and I was in charge of the rest of the food. The menu consisted of Hamburgers, Veggie Burgers, Baked Beans, Vegetarian Baked Beans, Potato Salad, Coleslaw, Garden Salad, Pasta Salad, Fruit, Spicy Cowboy Salsa, Mild Salsa, Corn Chips, and dessert. Dessert consisted of some Flourless Cupcakes and a fantastic Groom’s Cake that Josh and his girlfriend Donea made.
As you can tell from the menu we had some vegetarians (my parents), but we also had some people observing Lent and Passover. We wanted to make sure we had plenty of food for everyone.
We all had a wonderful time and it was great meeting Tara’s side of the family. I am sorry I do not remember everyone’s names but it was a pleasure to meet everyone. Thank you to everyone who traveled so far to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment