Sunday, April 24, 2011

Grooms Cake









Josh and Donea surprised Adam with a Grooms cake at the cook out. Some people didn't understand some of the things on Adam's cake. But that's OK, because it was perfect for Adam. Adam is a music producer and everything on the cake had to do with his music or Album covers. "I Be Where Da Cake Be" is a song he produced with rapper Mark Victor. On the side of the cake you can see 2 Chinese stars sticking out, those were on one of his Album covers.
Enough about the decoration of the cake, now the delicious details. Donea baked a moist chocolate cake with two different filling; Chocolate Ganache and Caramel Butter Cream. Yes, it is as yummy as it sounds! Josh and Donea came over and spent all of Thursday assembling and decorating the cake. It was amazing they were able to get anything done at my house because I was cooking and prepping food all day, my kitchen sink decided to clog up and go crazy on me, and I have kids at home. But despite everything it all came together beautifully.
Great Job Donea and Josh, you put my cake decorating to shame! But I love you guys anyway!!!!



By the way, I forgot to get a picture of the cake after it was cut. Why that might seem unimportant, it was another attention to detail Donea took into consideration. Donea used 2 types of fillings and she piped it onto the cake so that when you cut the cake, the frosting would be stripes. Very Clever!

No comments:

Post a Comment