Monday, December 7, 2009

Red Velvet Birthday Cake




My brother and my daughter's birthday are just a few days apart so our family decided to combine the birthdays. I had the pleasure of baking the cake. I knew my daughter LOVES Red Velvet and I hadn't made a Red Velvet Cake since she got married so I figured this was the perfect opportunity to give it a go and try a new Red Velvet Recipe.




Well it turned out fantastic! The cake was DELISH! It was so moist and yummy. I wasn't crazy about the icing. To me it had too much of a pudding taste, but everyone else loved the icing. They thought the icing was light and not overly sweet. My hubby even made the comment that this was one of the better cakes I have ever made! Wow!


In the picture you can see the icing is yellow. It wasn't quite as yellow as you see in the picture, but it was still a bit too yellow for my taste. The reason it turned out so yellow was partially from my poor lighting and because the only pudding I had on hand was french vanilla and it is more yellow that the vanilla pudding. But either way it tasted great.


I got the recipe from Allrecipes.com for some reason I can't seem to post a link , but it is Red Velvet Cake III. Go give it a try and tell me what you think.

No comments:

Post a Comment