Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Newest additions to the family




I forgot to blog about the newest additions to our family.…4 girls…well chickens….. well actually chicks. I don’t know why but I have always wanted chickens. My husband I have talked about wanting to have chickens but that’s all it was…talk. So 2 days before the new school year started, Robbie’s Agriculture Class bunny was stolen and now I have an empty cage. So about a month ago,I asked the boys if they wanted to get some chickens and of course they said yes. So the boys and I took a little ride to a feed store and purchased 4 chicks. Two Barred Rocks (the black chicks) and two Buff Orpington (yellow chicks). We got them when they were just a few weeks old and they are just adorable. I never knew that chickens could be so sweet and so social. They all have their own personalities. You’ve heard the expression pecking order? Well it is true, and we are already starting to see it in our girls. Oh how rude of me, I forgot to tell you their names-Sandy, Haley, Chicken Little, and Chicken Butt. In case you couldn’t tell, my husband and my boys picked out their names. So I will try to keep you updated on our chicken adventure and maybe one day I will have some fresh eggs to share with you.

1 comment: