Monday, October 3, 2011

Fort Foster Historic Site

Originally built in 1837
A view from the 2nd story
Did you know they had a vampire problem? They stocked the shelves with wooden stakes!

Ha ha ha!


My handsome boys!




It was a beautiful weekend and what better way to enjoy our beautiful fall weather than head to a park.
My hubby suggested Fort Foster. It is located in the Hillsborough River State Park. As many times as I have been to Hillsborough River State Park you would think that I would have been to the fort before but, I hadn't.
There is too much to tell you but I will say we all had a great time. Our Ranger/guide Patrick, was a wealth of information and he did a great job keeping everyone interested.
Tours of Historic Fort Foster are every Saturday @ 2pm and Sunday @ 11am for $2.00for Adults. Kids 7-18 $1.00. Kids 6 and under are free!



http://www.floridastateparks.org/hillsboroughriver/

No comments:

Post a Comment